Welcome to my website. I’m Gerry Greenfield, and I’ve been a licensed psychologist and psychotherapist in the Madison WI area for over 25 years.
I AM ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS FOR REMOTE / "VIRTUAL" SESSIONS WITH AUDIO AND VIDEO. PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK: INFORMATION ABOUT STARTING REMOTE SESSIONS FOR DETAILS.
Do you need someone to talk to, or help with any of the following?
- Low self esteem, feeling bad about yourself, or being hard on yourself
- Difficulties dating back to childhood
- Your own - or your spouse's or partner's - alcohol abuse or marijuana abuse
- Loss and grief
- Out-of-control eating and/or wanting to lose weight
- Compulsive behavior (e.g., pornography, gaming). (I do not treat people involved in criminal behavior or who are seeking treatment or assessment to address legal/criminal issues or requirements.)
These are some problems I frequently help people with. (See Services Provided for other problem areas and more details.) Central to helpful therapy is having someone you are comfortable talking to, and central to my work is being a good listener - attentive, non-judgmental, respectful, and supportive. See My Approach to Individual Therapy for more about how I work and how therapy can help. With couples, I listen this way to both partners. See My Approach to Couples/Marital Therapy for more about how I work with couples.
In contrast to a big clinic, I am an independent provider: When you call me, you reach my confidential voicemail, and I call you back directly. I can often schedule an appointment within several days.
Again, welcome to my website. I hope you find useful information here. To contact me for more information or to schedule an appointment, please leave a confidential voicemail at 608-271-8799; or fill out the secure, encrypted contact form below and click "Submit".
To see my Notice of Privacy Policies and Practices, click here: Notice of Privacy Policies and Practices
Please note: I see clients - individuals and couples - 18 years of age and older;
and I am primarily accepting new clients on a private-pay/out-of-pocket basis.